Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday Bible Journaling - See Thru Words

Here's a page I recently added to and updated.
After seeing some of the very creative things people are doing now with bible journaling, I decided to update this page.

I had already gone over the title GENESIS with black ink and outlined it in blue prismacolor over 25 years ago. 

 So now the background got a mostly blue but with some pink, purple, green and yellow streaks added very softly with prismacolor pencils.  I used a tissue to softly smudge the background.

I added the phrase by freehanding the lettering lightly with pencil, outlining with a dark charcoal prismacolor pencil and filling in the letters with blue prismacolor. 

And finally I added a silver metallic corner sticker to somewhat cover the square area that the colors showed darker.  I had tried some stick on tabs once that I ended up not liking and so removed them.  They left enough residue to capture more color.

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of words over words but since it was over the description of the book, it's fine.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...