Monday, September 24, 2012

Cranberry for UTI

Yesterday I ended up with lower back pain which until later this morning I thought was the sciatica.  Wrong!  Turned out to be a Urinary Tract Infection and it was my kidney that hurt so bad.   They hurt in pretty much the same place so unless I have other symptoms it's hard to tell which it is.

Most folks go to the doctor with this but since I don't have insurance and can't afford a doctor, much less trust them I use cranberries for a UTI.  I get the pure 100% cranberry juice and drink it continually supplemented by cranberry tablets.

I am not a doctor, nor do I have any medical training.  If you need a doctor, please go see one.  I'm just sharing what has worked for me in a non-life-threatening situation.  Please know that the day it doesn't work I will go to the doctor, kidney failure is not something I want to go through.
(this picture is the only one I found and is not of pure cranberry juice, it is a mix of juices)
The cranberry juice is from Ocean Spray and I've found that Dollar General is the cheapest as far as price.
I had some Rexall cranberry pills that were 4200mg but they were not doing anything for me so I bought what I usually buy which is AZO, mine are 900mg.  I cannot recommend them highly enough.  Dollar General had them where as the CVS next door did not.

Within 4 hours I consumed 3 large glasses of juice and 4 tablets and the pain was gone.  I'm still drinking juice and taking tablets tonight because the urine output is not what it should be yet.
I am going to start drinking at least one glass of juice a day to try and keep another UTI from happening, they seem to be more of a problem the older I get.

AZO has a great tablet for yeast infections too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I've been taking these AZO for a while now and it's amazing isn't it? I love natural alternatives, but especially when they work! :)

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...