Friday, July 17, 2015

How to Keep Large Tubes of Glue / Caulk From Drying Out


I've done a lot of diy projects where I used glue or caulk in these large tubes, it's so much more economical.  But the left over stuff would dry up and be totally useless after a day or two even using some masking tape on the end.  

Then I started using a piece of duck tape and that helped, it would still be useful after a couple of weeks.

Dad added the zip tie and it keeps the glue or caulk from drying out for at least a couple of months... sorry we haven't had any around longer than that.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

My husband would squeeze out a glob on the caulking and form a cap around the tip, worked great!

FlowerLady

Rue said...

Good to know! Thanks :)

xo

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...