Friday, April 11, 2014

DIY to Unclog Sinks and Toilets

I can't remember where I read about this but it is certainly a great tip that could save you lots of frustration and money.

If you have a clogged sink or tub or toilet, put in about 1/2 cup of Dawn dish soap straight down to the drain.
Let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes.  Then add 4 or more cups of boiling hot water.  The drain should clear.

I tried this with a somewhat clogged toilet, it was not over flowing but it was not flushing completely, only the water was sort of going down.   I added the Dawn and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes, added about 4 cups of the hottest tap water, boiling would probably be better, waited another 5-10 minutes and flushed.  It whooshed right down and the toilet was clean as could be.

Apparently Dawn is the secret weapon of plumbers.  

This is not a paid for review, just my own experience.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...