Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Journey Through Time Quilt Update

Here's an update on my quilt project which has been a little slow due to gardening time.
Everything above the yellow line is quilted including about half way out on the sides.  I'm working on the section that's in the hoop, so I'd say I'm more than 1/3 done but not quite half way.
Here's part of the back,  you can see stripes on the left and the sun face between the squares stripes, sort of.
Here's another square I quilted the fabric pattern on, it's in the center of the photo.
(internet photo)
And we have new visitors to Dad's feeding area, yellow headed blackbirds.  That yellow really stands out amongst the wrens and red winged blackbirds.  Nothing is brighter except the male cardinals.

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I gather that you are hand quilting, since you are using a hoop, your stitches are amazing, so neat and orderly

I feel like such an amateur seeing all of the different needlework out there. Pinterest has been a real inspiration lately, especially for embroidery, plain or with ribbon and beads.

Happy Gardening and Creating ~ FlowerLady

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...