Tuesday, April 16, 2013

St. Nicholas Cross Stitch Update

My next UFO to work on for the Tuesday Stitchers group is St. Nicholas. 
Here's the original pattern photo, it came from The Holy Needle which is no longer in business.
And here's my progress so far:
I have one last corner to finish and then I can do the halo.  The one he was given in the pattern seems pretty wimpy to me so I am planning to make it larger and use gold metallic blending thread on it.

This is the first cross stitch I have ever done on linen and the first I have done where there are no outlines to be done.  This really makes it look like a painting.  It takes a vast amount of thread colors though, but I think it is worth it.

I collect Bishop Nicholas figurines so when I found this pattern online I had to have it.  This is probably about 4-5 months of evening stitching so far.  Something else came up and this got put down and has just been waiting for about 2 years or so.
Don't you think he'll look nice hanging with my collection?

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Yes, he will.

Anonymous said...

He will be perfect! You have quite a collection. Is that what people buy for you when they find one that's different?

Mac n' Janet said...

How beautiful and I love your St. Nicholas collection.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...