Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Microsoft

This week's stitch instructions left a lot to be desired but I struggled through and figured it out.  Definitely a great border stitch and it works up very fast using 6 strands of  DMC floss.
I tried something new and it worked quite well.  The Microsoft computer screen image is printed on cardstock paper.  I attached it with 2 stitches of regular thread at each corner, then poked holes where my border stitches would need to go through.  This was pretty easy on the aida cloth, I worked from the back to poke the holes.   You do have to be careful not to bend the paper while you work though.
*
Was it really only in 1985 that Microsoft came out with Windows 1.0?  It was an MS-DOS program and not user friendly...pretty much only for geeks.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...