Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Miraculous Medal

The TAST stitch for this week was exceedingly simple and for that I'm grateful.  I've had major back and knee pain this week so a quick & easy project suited me just fine.  It also gave me a chance to use a couple of large Catholic medals that are way too large to use on my saint pendants.
Arrowhead stitch can be used in a number of ways, as a fill in, a simple row, or to make a pattern.  I used it to accent the 2 vintage medals, the green as a kind of ribbon for them to hang from and the yellow to accentuate the rays of light that come from the rings on Mary's fingers.
Nov. 22, 1830.  St Catherine Laboure's vision from the Virgin Mary told her of a medal to be designed and this is it.  Mary was wearing rings which showed rays of light emanating from them.  When the saint asked her why some did not shed light, she answered that "Those are the graces for which people forget to ask."

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...