Saturday, September 22, 2012

Colored Bottles

I've been searching the thrift shops for canning jars nearly every weekend and not finding much, just one or 2 here or there.  However I have found some great bottles.
click photo to enlarge
A nice green gallon jug, a Watkins vanilla bottle, several blue gin bottles in various sizes, 2 bottles with caps, a square green bottle, a clear round one and then an antique green bottle, the larger one on the right. 
I'm a sucker for glass bottles and jars, the light just looks so pretty through them.  I remember Mom having glass bottles with colored water in them when I was a small child, maybe that's where my love of them comes from.
*
Most of these were $1 or less, the capped ones were $5 each and I can use them for some herbal vinegars.  I do wish they had left the caps on the gin bottles but I can always use them as vases or use a cork.
*
Do you like colored glass bottles too?

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...