Sunday, September 23, 2012

Drizzle Boy

Drizzle is such a fun stitch and I can see it used in lots of embroidery projects where you want texture.  However, I could not make it work with any historical events for the day so this is what I came up with.
Here's a close up where you can see I tried 3 different threads for this little guy's hair.
I started with the thin pearl cotton on the left, decided it was way too small to make an impact and switched to the largest pearl cotton I had.  It was not going to be enough to complete the hair so I filled in with a medium sized pearl cotton in a slightly lighter color.  His head is stem stitch.

1 comment:

Content in a Cottage said...

That stitch would work well for a horse's mane too. Cute little boy.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...