Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom is the Best


This post is for you Mom, may you have a very Happy Mother's Day!

My Mom is very special, although I suppose most of us think ours is the most special.
She taught me many things I use every day.  She taught me how to read before the school did and I still continue to read every day. my life has been enriched and so much knowledge added because I read.  
She taught me manners, especially table manners, something that is sadly lacking today.  She taught me how to set a table correctly.
She taught me to sew, something I do almost every day and which has not only saved me tons of money, but gives me great satisfaction.  
She taught me how to work.
She taught me to cook and how to can food and that definitely is a good thing to know.  She taught me how to care for my home and my clothes so things will last.  She taught me to have a soft heart towards those in need and taught me how to show hospitality.  If someone came at dinnertime, it was add another vegetable so we have plenty for all.  If someone needed a home for a while she opened our doors and hearts to them.  She taught me how to share.
She taught me to value family and friends and not take them for granted.
She taught me how to love and how to forgive.
I could probably go on all day and never get done.
And Mom is special for one very big reason, though things could have gone a totally different way, Mom & Dad chose to adopt me and call me their own.
So Happy Mother's Day Mom!  I love you!

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...