Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Cycling Hat Project

I had a project to make a pattern from an old hat that is falling apart and make several new ones for my sweetheart.
This is one of the fabrics he chose.
They are pretty easy to make and only use a fat quarter and that's with the lining.
There's a band inside that holds a small piece of elastic so it fits without blowing off.
All the ones I found online are for racers and made of polyester.  His old one and these are made of cotton.  
They also work well when he goes to work at the restaurant.
I'm going to make a few and see if they will sell, after I finish making his other 2.

I have another upcycling project I will post for next week.  I've been diligent with working on Poshmark and think I can apply some of the refreshing techniques to my other selling platforms as well.  It seems to be working as I am making a sale or two every week on Posh.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...