Friday, March 2, 2018

Working on New Journals, Use What You Have!

I have been working on 2 new journals, this time for myself.
This is just the cover, its empty inside though I have some pages completed.  I wasn't sure I wanted this print for this particular journal but didn't have funds to buy anything different as I would have had to order some online.  It must have been serendipity because the cardstock I am using for the pages are all these same colors and everything works well together.
Another journal for myself with peacock fabric I bought months ago.  I adore peacocks and wanted to make a visual journal of just peacocks and similar colored birds.
This is an old typing manual so it flips open at the top.
I removed almost 2/3 of the pages because as you glue in images you are adding 2 layers to every page.  Then I painted pages with craft paint, fairly thinly and the paper is so good it barely curled on the edges.  I was also in a painty paper swap with 2 other people and the paper on the left, among many others, was done by a swap partner.  The swap asked for favorite colors and I received all the peacock colors I could have wanted.  Those papers are pasted onto the ones actually in the book and bird images will go on top in random patterns.

2 comments:

Terra said...

These are beautiful and happy journal covers. I write in my journal but it is store bought; I admire your creating your own.

Debra Dixon said...

Very pretty!

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...