Tuesday, January 16, 2018

My Newest Blank Journal with a Beaded Spine

I've spent 3 days working on a new journal which will be a gift.  And I did get to play with fabric (for the cover) and beads (on the spine) as well as actually sewing the pages in place.
I love this fabric of leafless trees.  I covered an actual book cover (with pages removed).  I also added some metal corners I had in my stash.
As I sewed in the signatures (groups of pages) I added beads to 3 of the 5 signatures.  Silver Celtic beads, dark blue glass beads and long silver glass beads.  I am so happy with how it turned out.  Dark blue embroidery thread was used for the sewing.
Inside are rainbow water-colored papers among others.
This is inside the front cover.  I painted the watercolor page, the hand was printed out and I embellished it with tiny flowers & jewels meant to decorate fingernails.
I love this page, it made a heart just by accident.
And believe it or not, these were done with the cheapo kid's watercolors, $1.98 at Walmart.


No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...