Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday Bible Journaling ~ Garland of Lilies


Please click on the photos to enlarge for better detail.

I very much like Celtic and medieval illuminated manuscripts so those types of designs will show up everywhere.  This is one of my favorite pages I have done.

The book title was done with black pen & ink over the existing print.  I tried to add some gold metallic over the ink but didn't like it so I wiped most of it off before it dried.

I chose lilies for this page as they seemed to be lilies of wisdom, "a garland to grace your head."

The lilies were outlined in black fine point ballpoint pen and are colored with watercolor on a fairly dry brush to avoid wrinkling the page.  

The highlighted verses were outlined in gold metallic pen and colored with watercolor.


1 comment:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So very pretty! Do you frame your pieces? They should be seen!

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...