Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Bible Journaling - Book of Kells Image

A Book of Kells image with a very medieval style surround.


I used a variegated metal leaf for the border and prismacolor for the diamond pattern.  One problem with the metal leaf is that the sticky liquid glue used would sometimes not be totally covered and I found I had to spray a sealer on those pages to keep them from sticking to the facing page.  It works but it made my pages really stiff.

I've used several different kinds of metallic gold & silver products.  This is my current favorite: Pentel Sunburst Metallic MED Gel pen.  They come in gold and silver.  You do have to give the ink a little time to set but they don't bleed through on regular weight paper and being a pen they are easy to control.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...