Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Peacock Purse Update ~ My Inner Hippie Comes Out

I ordered some hand dyed lace pieces for the purse and while I was waiting for them to arrive I started on the shoulder strap.
Yesterday the lace pieces came and they are gorgeous.  I have cut some apart and sewn them down.
These on the front will be connected with embroidered vines and leaves.
This one is on the back upper left.
The one above and the one below are on the back right side and will be connected with vines & leaves. 
 I have another leaf and a scrolling floral piece I am probably going to cut apart to help fill in blank areas.  This purse may not be a crazy quilt but it will definitely have that feel before I'm done with it.

I got these lace pieces from Nicki Seavey on the Facebook group Second Hand Crazy Quilt Supplies and she also has an Etsy store: Raviolee Dreams


No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...