Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Peacock's Glittering Tail

I visited our local Fine Arts Center on Friday and one exhibit really inspired me to finish up the tail on the peacock I'm embroidering on my denim purse.
This is gold sequins in several sizes with iridescent blue, purple or turquoise beads.  I also added a small bead for his eye.

The exhibit that inspired me is called All the Glitters and features costume gowns from festivals across Texas.  Here's a link to the website here.  I wish you could see them in person, it really dazzles the eye.  All those beads and jewels!

Here's a link to some of the San Antonio Fiesta gowns and gives some background and other photos.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...