Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Memories from Childhood Travels

When I was a child we traveled to visit family for vacations every year.  Motels were not in the budget and Dad being a truck driver would drive all night from Michigan to Virginia or Tennessee.  I was always sleeping in the back seat of the car, no seat belts required back then.
We would stop at truck stops and diners for meals.
Back then restaurants served real cream for your coffee in these tiny cream bottles or miniature pitchers.  Only about 2 inches tall.  My parents gave me the creamers to drink from as they didn't use cream in their coffee.  It was always so good, much better than regular milk.
And so much better than fake stuff in a plastic package or worse, fake powder.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...