Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Quilting Progress on the Journey Through Time

The quilt top is done and Chaucer approves.
I borrowed an idea from pinterest for the backing to use up the left over squares.
I used white flannel for the batting as I didn't need another heavy quilt.
I'm quilting now in a simple criss cross pattern from corner to corner with an occasional odd square like this sun face that called out to be different.
Here's what the back looks like, I am quite pleased.
There was no way I was going to be able to line up the squares on the back so the quilting would match, but I think it is fine the way it is.  Also, I am a practical quilter and not a perfectionist.  My stitches are varying lengths and not always in a perfectly straight line and I rather like it that way, it's more handmade looking to me.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...