Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Rain has Brought the Flowers

There's been rain almost every day for a week.  All the plants in the garden are looking happier but especially this bed beside the walk.  The pink group in the center are rain lillies that will only pop up and bloom when it rains, no amount of hose watering will make them come up.  The white and purple to the right are Mexican petunias, the one red flower on the left is a volunteer wild sage and all the small blue flowers are tradescantia aka spiderwort.
As you can see the rain has made the weedy stuff between the pavers grow too.  Time to work on that and get it cleaned up again.  I use the weed eater to take it down and then pour vinegar to kill off the plants.  Works well until we get lots of rain again.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...