Sunday, January 6, 2013

Putting Together the Journal

I'm done making the pages for my fabric embroidery journal.  Now I am working on making them into an actual book.
First I trimmed the edges to each piece then folded where the basting stitch is.
Then I basted the edges neatly. 
Next I placed 2 pieces back to back and stitched down the middle of the facing pages.  Each piece of fabric has 2 pages.
Then I stitched the back to back pages together, the first one I used buttonhole stitch.  I decided that took too long so I switched to whip stitch.
I left the top of the pages open to form a pocket where I will store the printed instructions for the stitch.
Here's the stack of 6 I got done this week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails