Friday, December 28, 2012

What's In Your Bottled Water?

The water filter at work is not working and the city water is pretty disgusting.  Lots of minerals and too much chlorine.  So the boss buys bottled water until we can get the filter working properly.

If you happen to buy bottled water, check the label, not all water is just water that's been filtered.  This stuff
which comes from Sam's Club, is labeled Mineral Enhanced for Taste.  
HUH?
I just want water, it should have no taste!
It has sodium bicarbonate (baking soda, in case I have heartburn I guess ) and calcium chloride added.  
Calcium chloride is used as a dessicant!  It is used to de-ice roads and for a host of other odd things... oh yeah, it's also added to drinks as an electrolyte.  
Don't know about you but adding a dessicant to water sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Let me get my glass of mineral and chlorine filled water, you can keep your bottled cocktail.  No wonder my feet are swelled today.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...