Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nutcracker Dreams

What would Christmas be without 'The Nutcracker'?
The knotted cable chain worked nicely to accent my nutcracker soldier.  I used 6 strands of cotton floss for it.  All other stitching is with 2 strands cotton floss in backstitch, satin stitch and french knot.
The date for this week of TAST fell on the anniversary of the premiere of The Nutcracker in St. Petersburg in 1892.  I bet it was a glittering night at the theatre.

I remember a music teacher telling us about Tchaikovsky when I was in 4th grade.  She said to picture a shy cow on skis and you would never forget how to pronounce his name...she was right, I have never forgotten.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...