Monday, November 19, 2012

Extend Your Reach

Most folks will know that these are kitchen tongs, or as we called them when I was a kind, hot dog tongs.
But I have a different use for them.

You see I'm short with short arms and have trouble reaching things.  One of those is reaching the last items in the bottom of the washer.  So these tongs live in my laundry room and I use them to grab clothes and towels out of the washer.  

My favorite tool for getting things off of the top shelf?
It has just enough curve to grab the jar or can or box and I've gotten pretty adept at catching the item as it comes my way.

Don't you just love finding more than one use for something?

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...