Sunday, September 30, 2012

Embroidered Funereal Card

Week 39 of TAST
This week's stitch was the knotted buttonhole.  Super easy and reminiscent of a couple of other stitches we have done this year.
I used the knotted buttonhole as a border stitch for this pseudo funereal card.  Black cotton perle, 10g is what the label says on the spool.
It might be considered macabre but I am fascinated with funereal memorabilia.  The old Victorian cards are usually very elegant but I think Ms. Post would approve of mine.

2 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Angela...

She would indeed!

Rosemary

Mimi Foxmorton said...

These are beautiful!

I, too, am fascinated by funeral memorabilia and the attention paid to beautiful things at the time of passing. Vic picnics in the cemetery......lovely mourning wear......so touching in this day of mass produced, over inflated funeral service.

Lovely!

Mimi
http://morgancemetery.blogspot.com

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...