Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Penny in Cast On Stitches

For TAST this week our stitch was Cast On Stitch.  Very easy if a little fiddly.  Kind of like a cross of embroidery, macrame and knitting.
The cast on was used as the wide border to the penny, done flat rather than puffy and with 6 strands of cotton floss.  I'll be using this stitch somewhere in the future, I quite like it.  All other stitching was done in back stitch and stem stitch to keep it simple, in 2 strands of floss.

August 7, 1959 was the date the Lincoln Memorial was first put on the back of the Lincoln penny, replacing the wheat ears used for many years.  Lincoln's statue can be seen on a real penny, but I left it out of the stitched piece.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...