Monday, June 11, 2012

God's Timing


I found this on Pinterest.  It is very true and I have a personal story to prove it.

Quite a few years ago on a Friday night I left work and headed into Houston.  I was going to a singles gathering that happened every Friday at a church downtown.   
Now I drove a very old car, it was probably close to 20 years old but still got me where I needed to go as long as I had a screw driver to hold the carburetor lid thing if she wouldn't start.Anyway, I headed down the freeway and only got about 5 miles from work when the car just died.  I coasted to the shoulder and tried to start it, deader than a doornail, wouldn't turn over no matter what I did.

I walked down the feeder (access road to some folks) to a Denny's and called for a tow truck, they said it should be there in about 15 minutes.  I walked back to my car and sat on the hood because it was too hot to sit inside.  And I waited, and waited, and waited.  Just as I was about to give up and walk back to Denny's a mechanic getting off work stopped and took a look and said it might be the alternator.  He gave me a lift to a phone where I called the towing place again.  There had been a multi-car pile up just a couple miles down the freeway and every tow truck around was there clearing it up after the cops got done.  If my car had not died I would have been in that pile up.

The car finally got towed about 5 hours after it died, I finally got home and dealt with the car the next day.  It was a $10 part, something electrical and it took all of 15 minutes for someone to fix it.

Providence?  Angels?  Whatever you want to call it, it proves to me God is watching out for me.  And, oh yeah, I'm grateful!  To this day I remind myself to not worry if I run late because of traffic or trains or other things...God might be keeping me out of another accident!

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...