Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Make That Expensive Juice Go Farther

I drink a lot of cranberry juice and not the cocktail kind since it has added sugar.  But it's a bit pricey.  So to make it go farther I usually cut it with 1/3 to 1/2 water.  I drink several glasses so I am still getting all the juice I need to keep UTIs away and I don't get bored by plain water.  
I drink a lot of plain water all day long but at night I like a treat.  Some folks might go for wine or a beer but neither fits my budget and I don't like beer.
You can do this with all juice to make it go farther and really you won't notice that much difference.
And when I've emptied the bottle it gets cleaned and sterilized so I can store water in it just in case our neighborhood ever loses water service during a hurricane or anything else.  I can recall several days last summer when we had no water service because they were working on the lines...extra bottles of water would have come in handy not only for drinking but for washing my hair and flushing the toilet too.  That might be TMI for some people but water is something we tend to take for granted and we probably shouldn't.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...