Sunday, November 20, 2011

Embroidery Stitches

Take A Stitch Tuesday begins soon!
Would you like to learn how to embroider?  How about learning new stitches?  How about learning to use stitches in a new way?  How about if all this information if FREE!?
Go here to learn about sharon b's TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) on her blog
Pin Tangle. 
There's also a forum where you can show off your pieces and connect with like minded people about all forms of sewing and needlework. 
Each Tuesday of the entire new year you will be given a stitch to work with and explore.  One stitch a week, not too much, not too hard.  I have decided to make an art journal with one page for each week's stitch, combining 2 projects into one.  Another person is planning to make a crazy quilt.  What will you do with your stitches?
Embroidery for me is a connection to the past.  A gentler and slower time, and at least in my mind, one with more grace.  

1 comment:

jenclair said...

Just visiting and checking out Tuesday Stitchers. I love medieval art!

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...