Friday, February 25, 2011

Eye Candy and Inspiration

I have splurged and bought several new beading and embroidery books.  The kind of beading you see above is what I am going to do more of.  I did a practice piece and loved doing it.  The above photo is from the book The Art of Bead Embroidery by Heidi Kummli and Sherry Serafini.
If you like beading, GO, NOW, and BUY THIS BOOK!  I got mine at amazon.com.
It is so full of eye candy, nearly every page is full color closeups of the incredible beadwork.  Simple and easy to follow instructions for the stitching and the 2 lady's  personal favorites when it comes to supplies and tools.  
Here's the other beading book I bought.  I got it on eBay for ½ the price of amazon or elsewhere.  Lots of eye candy and inspiration here too.  An excellent book as it deals with beading as a healing element.  Something we all need from time to time.
For embroidery I bought this lovely book filled with needlework from all over Great Britain.  I will have some happy hours going thru this one and gathering inspiration and information.
And for something completely different I picked up this small book for next to nothing on eBay.  Interesting textures and stitch techniques as well as some pretty designs.
I have a few more books in my amazon wish list but as they are rather pricey for my budget, it may be a while till I can afford to get more.  And when do I have time to do all this beading and embroidery?  Well right now I don't but hopefully soon, I just need to finish a couple of house projects first.

1 comment:

June said...

Gorgeous colors.
I think I would lose my sight if I tried anything like it.
Certainly I would lose all the beads, one at a time...

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...