Monday, February 1, 2010

Christmas SAL Update, St. Nicholas will soon have a face!

Here is what he will look like eventually.  I got the pattern online from The Holy Needle.  They have lots of saints, Mary and Jesus as well as other Christian cross stitch patterns.  It was nice as well that it was a downloadable file that I could print out.  No waiting, and I can highlight the areas worked knowing I can print it out fresh again if need be.


Here's my work so far.  I have discovered that counting over 2 threads of linen is a bit more time consuming than using aida cloth, but the results are much more satisfying and beautiful.  I have also discovered that I have to wear my strongest reading glasses and have a bright light over my work.  Attempting to work on this at my sewing circle last week was a disaster as my glasses weren't strong enough and my arms weren't long enough.
If you want to get in on the Christmas SAL just head on over to http://dragonmyneedle.blogspot.com/ and join us!

6 comments:

Von said...

Working well!!!The strong light and the glasses come to us all.I'm thinking a magnifier will be next!

Lord Wellbourne said...

Coming along very nicely!!

Annie Bee said...

I know the feeling of not having arms long enough......LOL. It is coming along nicely.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Don't think I haven't thought about a big magnifier with a light on it!

Amy said...

It is just fantastic. I can't wait to see it done.

Have a blessed day.

kanishk said...

Coming along very nicely!!
free internet jobs

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...