Friday, November 21, 2008

Art Cards - ACEOs

These pictures are of my most recent art project, creating ACEOs. ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. The one thing in common is that they are always 2.5" by 3.5", the same size as a baseball trading card. The one above is of St. Patrick.
This one is of St Nicholas. They are mixed media collages and I have use printed icons, various papers and beads or other items to make them unique.

This one is of St Francis, one of my favorite saints. These cards are very popular at etsy.com Many artists make and sell them and they are usually under $10. It's a great way to collect art without spending a bundle and taking up more wall space than you own. I am starting my own collection and will keep them in a binder wher we can just flip thru them to enjoy.


This is my first one, St Bede, which my sewing circle has adopted as our patron saint of beading, even though I am certain he never actually did any beading, we like him anyway, he did write some great histories of England. They have proven to be popular already so I will definitely be adding to the collection.
Check them all out (and many other pretty things also) at ladyhawthorne.etsy.com



No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...