Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Saving a Handbag From The Trash Again


I'm saving yet another good leather handbag from ending up in the trash.  This is a shoulder or crossbody bag.  A nice black leather in a medium size.  There is nothing wrong with it that a little leather polish and a reinforcing on the strap won't fix.
The strap had a faux leather on the back side that was dried up and cracked off in places.  I removed it along with the thread stitching and I'm replacing it with black grosgrain ribbon.  It's about half done and the original stitching holes are making this easy to repair by hand.  When done, I will have one more nice bag to sell on Ebay & Poshmark for a very affordable price.

1 comment:

Terra said...

Good save, giving the purse a new life and keeping it from the landfill.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...