Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday Bible Journaling ~ The Star over Bethlehem

Click on the photo to enlarge.

To illustrate the nativity of Christ I chose to show what the Magi might have seen while following the star, with the town of Bethlehem tucked in the hills.

Of course, Jesus was a couple of years old by the time the Magi came bearing gifts, but it is part of the Christmas story just the same.

I sketched out this image in pen as usual but colored it with watercolor.  That's where the ripples in the paper came in.  The star is a bit hard to see, but it is colored with silver metallic pen.

A very simple design.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...