Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Bible Journaling ~ Stylized Trees

click on image to enlarge it.

I wanted to show you that you do not need to be an expert artist to do bible journaling.  This little sketch representing all the trees mentioned in Judges 9 was really more like a doodle.

None of these trees looks like a real tree yet you get the impression of them.  I used a regular black ballpoint pen, as I often did way back when and then lightly colored the sketch with watercolors.  It was just that simple.

My watercolors are the ones you buy for kids in the plastic box from your local Walmart.  I do have nice artist brushes, but certainly not the top of the line ones.  My point is you can create with whatever you have.

Along those thought lines I would like to recommend this video:
It is short but excellent, reminding us why we are bible journaling in the first place.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...