Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Quick Money Making Project

I was checking out a local buy & sell page on Facebook and found a lady that needed a dress altered pretty fast.  We messaged each other and Saturday she brought over the dress.
This is the dress her 13 yr old needs for a pageant this next weekend.  The bodice needed to be taken in on the sides about an inch.
Here it is 3 hours later.  
I opened up the lining side seams. Then tacked down the beads and sequins near the edge of the seam because I had to remove some.  Because of the beads I needed to hand stitch the new seam and then stitch the lining seams by hand also.

An enjoyable 3 hours for me and I get paid, I hope she wins!

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a pretty dress!

It's nice to work from home.

FlowerLady

Lady Locust said...

Fabulous and good for you! You are helping another while supporting yourself. More folks should do so.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...