Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Quick Money Making Project

I was checking out a local buy & sell page on Facebook and found a lady that needed a dress altered pretty fast.  We messaged each other and Saturday she brought over the dress.
This is the dress her 13 yr old needs for a pageant this next weekend.  The bodice needed to be taken in on the sides about an inch.
Here it is 3 hours later.  
I opened up the lining side seams. Then tacked down the beads and sequins near the edge of the seam because I had to remove some.  Because of the beads I needed to hand stitch the new seam and then stitch the lining seams by hand also.

An enjoyable 3 hours for me and I get paid, I hope she wins!

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a pretty dress!

It's nice to work from home.

FlowerLady

Lady Locust said...

Fabulous and good for you! You are helping another while supporting yourself. More folks should do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails