Saturday, December 5, 2015

How to Make Another Cone Christmas Tree #2

This one was even faster to make than the first one, click here to see the original instructions.

I used the same type cone and this time used some wrapping paper.  I also stuck the paper down with crafter's tape as I figured glue would wrinkle the paper.
For the base I dug around in the garage and found an old toilet paper holder I had switched out.  Since the top is rounded I cut a hole in the insert disk so it would fit onto the tp holder.  I hot glued the disk onto the tp holder, then pushed the cone down over it making sure it was level and added more hot glue inside the cone to hold the disk in place.
The snowflakes were $1 a package at Walmart and had self stick dots on them already, and I still have about 1/3 the package left.  I stuck 2 together and hot glued into the small hole at the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at your creativity in finding bases. This one is very unusual. I wouldn't have thought about the glue-wrinkling-paper part, even though I know it, so that was a great tip.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...