Tuesday, July 9, 2013

St John the Apostle, the Theologian, the Evangelist

A bit more of the second darkest blue was added this past week.  I'm having a hard time getting into this piece.  It takes concentration and I'm pretty brain dead by the time I get home from work.  Or it could still be the heat and humidity.  One excuse is about the same as another but I will keep trying.
Here's a little story from St John's life:

John went to Ephesus and other cities of Asia Minor to preach the Gospel, taking with him his own disciple Prochorus.  They boarded a ship, which floundered during a terrible tempest.  All the travelers were cast up upon dry ground, and only the Apostle John remained in the depths of the sea.  Prochorus wept bitterly, bereft of his spiritual father and guide, and he went on towards Ephesus alone.
On the fourteenth day of his journey he stood at the shore of the sea and saw that the waves had cast a man ashore.  Going up to him, he recognized the Apostle John, whom the Lord had preserved alive for fourteen days in the sea.  Teacher and disciple went to Ephesus, where the Apostle John preached incessantly to the pagans about Christ.  His preaching was accompanied by such numerous and great miracles, that the number of believers increased with each day.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...