Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Vegetable Harvest

This year has been weird for weather, first it warmed up early then it got cold again, back & forth for a few weeks.  The vegetables got planted later than is normal here on the Gulf Coast but seemed to be doing well. Lots of blooms on all 3 tomato plants and all 4 pepper plants.  But only 2 tomato blooms became fruit.

Then last week the temps started climbing.  It was 105 degrees today with 72% humidity.  That's gone down some since the sun has gone down ... to 103 degrees and 55% humidity at 8:20 p.m.  

The 2 tomatoes from the Cherokee Purple were ripe so I picked them and the peppers that were ripe, or nearly.
Yup, this is my harvest.   I have more peppers and I think they will keep producing but I am seriously disappointed in the tomatoes.  Thankfully though, I have had no insect problems.  At least not yet.
I think these are the most expensive tomatoes I have ever had and I am going to enjoy them tomorrow in a huge tomato sandwich!  Sitting in front of the air conditioner!

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Yea, the temps are a bit high! What a miserable weekend. I hope this is not going to be the summer trend.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...