Sunday, April 15, 2012

Titanic in Stem Stitch

Here's the 15th page in my embroidered fabric journal I'm doing for TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday).  This week was stem stitch.  A very simple and often used stitch in many forms of embroidery.  The fabric is an even weave in taupe and the thread is all cotton floss.
The event in history that happened on April 10 was in 1912 when the Titanic set sail from Southampton on her maiden voyage which sadly was also her last with great loss of life.  I chose this event because one of the movies that really sticks with me is the 1997 'Titanic' with Leonardo DiCaprio.  I went to see this very long movie with a friend and her son.  It was a hot summer day and the theater must have been running their a/c on high even though there were only a handful of us in the theater.  When it was over I felt like I'd been in that freezing ice floe laden water with the passengers.  
I won't be going to see the 3D version as 3D gives me headaches.

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...