Sunday, March 25, 2012

Barred Chain Stitch for Spring

This week's TAST journal page with some variations on the barred chain stitch.  This page is even weave linen in an oatmeal color and the thread used is DMC cotton, pearl cotton, some thick cotton single strand I picked up at a resale shop with no label and even some silk ribbon.
March 20th being the vernal equinox (first day of Spring) I chose to embroider a spring!  Until Saturday that was all that was on this page due to the necessary things that had to be done to procure the item shown in the previous post below.
So Saturday I added the grassy/weedy stems and the words and called it good.  Can you believe we've completed week 12 of TAST already?
Check out what the rest of my group has been embroidering on Tuesday Stitchers.



No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...