Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mom's Sloppy Joes

There's probably as many sloppy joe recipes as there are people who make them.  Most of us are familiar with Manwich, the sloppy joe sauce in a can, and most recipes have a tomato base like the one in the photo above.  Mom's are a little different.
Saute a chopped onion, bell pepper if you like and a pound of ground beef.  Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, but don't over salt.  Drain the grease.  Then open a can of cream of chicken soup and add to the burger, thoroughly mixing it and getting it warm all the way through.  Do not add water.  
Spoon it onto your favorite bun or even a piece of bread for a foldover sandwich.  Quick, easy, comfort food.  Potato chips are excellent with it.

1 comment:

Lord Wellbourne said...

Sounds nummers to me! Guess I'll have to add an item or two to tomorrow's grocery list. I think I'll use cream of celery instead.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...