Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Got My Quilt!

This is a photo of my quilt.  I started making the top when I was a young teen.  It is all hand stitched.  It took years to get all the hexagon flowers done and then putting them together with yet more hexagons.  The top was finally finished a few years back but has been sitting in the closet since.  Too much to do and it was always on the bottom of the list.
Then I came across Debra's blog and she was offering to quilt tops for people so she could practice with her new long arm quilting machine.  In exchange we were to trade fabrics and such.  I took her up on her offer especially since I was needing to clear out my fabric stash anyway.  The cool thing is she lives fairly close to me and we have met twice now, once to drop off the quilt and once to pick it up..today.
The link to her blog actually will take you to the post she made about my quilt, but do check out her other posts and projects.  She's a very talented and giving lady.  And visit her Etsy Store for some beautiful quilts and wall hangings for sale.
Thanks so much Debra!

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

The ball is back in your court now! Time for binding!

Branlaadee said...

Beautiful work by both of you!

Joey said...

It is just BEAUTIFUL !! You are both incredibly talented.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...