Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Totally Useless SAL June Update

Well, we got the internet connected again. I had gotten a new provider for our dial up and did not see that it was a 300 minute limit per month. So we have fixed the situation-- at least it was not a computer problem.
This is my TUSAL update for June with bits and pieces from some sewing, dishcloth knitting and my newest project, an Elizabethan blackwork pincushion. The type I am making is known as a biscornu. I am not sure if that is the French word for pin cushion, but my guess is that it has to do with the shape which is rather like a biscuit or doughnut when you finish. I have one side done except for the border and am working on a more plain bottom side.

2 comments:

Branlaadee said...

Your blackwork is beautiful! It's going to be so pretty as a biscornu.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

Thank you for the compliment, I've only done the 'freestyle blackwork' before on a shirt for Renfair. I'm really enjoying this piece.

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...