Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Making Socks Fit

It's cold here in Colorado at 7700 feet elevation in the middle of December.  
My feet were staying cold so my sweetheart gave me a pair of his wool socks, but my legs are wide so I had to make some modifications so the circulation didn't get cut off.
I split the socks from the top to the ankle and whip stitched the edges so they would not ravel.
Then I cut up a pair of black socks I had - into a triangle from the top to the ankle and whipstitched those raw edges.
Then sewed the 2 parts together.  Worked great, the socks fit without binding and keep my toes toasty!

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...