Tuesday, August 20, 2019

More Journals, I'm On A Roll

I have 3 more journals completed and up for sale.  I'm trying to make a nice amount of them in various colors and sizes.  And for the most part will try to keep them a bit plain - as in no extra frills, especially on the inside.  This is to keep the cost down.  Journals are something I tend to sell when people are looking for a handmade gift and with Christmas coming up sooner than we'd like.... well, there you go.
A nice floral with a vintage book page on the front.
Vintage looking endpapers and signature covers, the bulk is plain lined pages.
One for the younger girls, though it might make a great recipe book.
Again mostly lined pages with signature covers and an envelope pocket on the back of each signature.
Signatures are what the sets of pages are called, each signature is hand sewn to the spine.
My favorite, I gussied it up with a beaded spine and a bit of lace.
Pretty signature covers with vintage book illustrations with a letter theme.
All are now available in my various online stores, see links in the side bar.
I have 4 more ready for photos and 2 more started.  Having the recycled book covers already covered in fabric from my bin makes this go a bit faster.

Most everything I'm using is recycled.  The book covers from books I got free or cheap and have read, fabric I had, scrapbook paper I picked up are thrift stores for very little, book illustrations from a free book, embroidery thread odds & ends from the thrift store or given to me, beads & trim I have had forever.  All I have bought so far has been mod podge & tacky glue.

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Pretty, especially if you like purple! :-)

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...