Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Economizing Measures ~ Alternatives to TV

I get it, pretty much everyone has their favorite TV programs.  But I found that I really don't miss TV, in fact I am much happier not having it, both the bill for Directv and the constant bad news.  There are alternatives.

For movies there are online sites you can pay for to watch movies and tv shows, like Netflix, Hulu and more.  However, if you don't want to spend money there is plenty of free entertainment on YouTube, including movies and tv shows.  Search for your favorites, you might be surprised.  Check out GoStream for movies too.  Most news channels and the weather channels have websites so you can view what's going on.

And then there's radio!  If you like talk shows, you can listen to talk radio hosts rant about all kinds of stuff.  If you are interested in christian programming, there are stations that have talk shows and preachers as well as music. There is even an old time drama show from Chicago on one of our local stations. There are kids shows reminiscent of the old Mickey Mouse Club features. Of course there are sports programs galore for all you sports nuts out there.  A local classical station has some educational spots amongst the music and who could resist The Prairie Home Companion?  Do you like paranormal and other weird stuff?  Try Coast to Coast on radio.

And of course you can always read, free books from the library.  Take turns reading out loud to each other.  Kids might love to dress up and put on a play or sing along with their favorite songs holding a spoon as a microphone.  

No comments:

A Quilt Repair While I Was On Vacation

 I went to visit my parents for a month and while I was there I repaired a quilt. Sorry the image is not very good, it was taken with my pho...