Monday, April 2, 2012

Holy Week

Palm Sunday just past and Easter coming up for most folks.  I found this wonderful photo of St. Andrew's Cathedral in my hometown of Grand Rapids, MI.  I went to a wedding there once and several Christmas midnight masses with the neighbors.  There are more pews behind where this photo starts and a choir loft in the very back.  At the midnight masses there was a wonderful hand-bell choir in the loft.

For those of us that are Orthodox, Palm Sunday is this coming Sunday with Pascha the following Sunday.  I look at it this way, I can celebrate twice and if I desire to buy Easter candy I can get it on sale!  Same with Christmas if I follow the old calendarists and celebrate the nativity on January 6th.  Being Orthodox is fun!  You can confuse your non-orthodox friends totally twice a year!

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Have a blessed Easter, Angela. Love those photos of your kitty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails