Thursday, December 23, 2010

Seasonal Greetings

I've already said my piece on Merry Christmas vs. Merry Xmas.  I'm not rehashing that, but a comment in a forum I read got me thinking....I know, I probably shouldn't do that or I'll hurt my brain.
The question was put out whether to send Merry Christmas greetings or Happy Holiday greetings.  Apparently someone replied to the sender that 'Merry Christmas' was offensive to them and the person in the forum was taking a poll as to what greeting others used this time of year.  One responder in the forum made the comment that "All this political correctness will be the demise of Christianity"
I totally disagree.  I believe that political correctness will be the demise of individuality.
So whether you choose to say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Happy Yule, Happy Hanukkah, or a myriad of other things at this time of year, enjoy yourselves and your individuality.  It's what makes us all wonderful even if we don't always agree with each other.  We have to agree to disagree sometimes, but we can still be friends.

1 comment:

Lord Wellbourne said...

Merry Happy Jolly Ho Ho Ho!

Arise, Individuals! And remember--being yourself is a wonderful thing. Allowing others to be themselves is a miracle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails